Since the skin around the eyes is more delicate, its care should be different from the rest of the face. Luckily, sun protection and regular use of a suitable wrinkle cream contribute to your health.
Protecting the eye contour is necessary after a certain age, in order to avoid the appearance of premature wrinkles. There are several products specially designed for this, so it is not a rarity.
Since this area of the skin is much more delicate than the rest, it needs to be cared for more carefully. In fact it is estimated that it is up to ten times thinner than any other part of the body and, in addition, it has less collagen and elastin. In addition to this, it is an area that allows you to quickly notice the effects of fatigue and accumulated stress.
Below we will share 7 practical tips that you should take into account in your beauty routine to protect the eye contour and prevent premature aging.
1. Use sunscreen
- 1 1. Use sunscreen
- 2 2. Increase water consumption
- 3 3. Wear sunglasses
- 4 4. Remove make-up carefully
- 5 5. Sleep well
- 6 6. Apply cream around the eyes
- 7 7. Protect with grapeseed oil
- 8 For specialized treatment, consult a dermatologist
The daily application of sunscreen on the face and also in the area near the eye contour is one of the keys to minimizing the damage caused by the sun’s UV rays. Due to its properties, its absorption creates a barrier against wrinkles and loss of firmness .
- Try to use it every day, even if the day is cloudy and also in winter.
- Instead of conventional protectors you can also use filter face creams.
2. Increase water consumption
Proper skin hydration begins on the inside. Therefore, if the objective is to protect the eye contour, it must be monitored that the water consumption is adequate. This vital fluid stimulates cellular oxygenation and helps maintain elasticity .
- Drink enough water throughout the day, depending on your thirst. You can prepare some delicious fruit drinks if you do not like the taste of water alone.
- Avoid the consumption of industrial and alcoholic beverages.
- Moderate your coffee consumption (or if possible, minimize it).
3. Wear sunglasses
The use of sunglasses not only responds to fashion trends. Although they are an accessory that provides a lot of style, the need to acquire it lies in health and beauty issues . This element helps protect the eye contour and visual health.
Although almost no one perceives the effects of the sun immediately, its ultraviolet rays thin the dermis and cause small wrinkles. In addition, they produce a visual overexertion that, later, translates into diseases.
- Buy good quality sunglasses from an optician.
- Use them when you are going to be directly exposed to UV rays (an outdoor trip, beach, walks, etc.).
- Never look directly into the sun, not even with your glasses on, as this harms your visual health.
4. Remove make-up carefully
For no reason should you leave your makeup on when you go to bed. However, when treating this area of the face, it will be necessary to be very delicate . When you rub too hard there is a risk of irritation and weakening of the tissue.
- Use a natural product like olive or almond oil to facilitate the removal of cosmetics.
- Use a soft cloth to remove debris or damp cloths.
5. Sleep well
One of the “secrets” to protecting the eye contour and preventing wrinkles and signs of aging is getting a good night’s sleep. This basic and necessary habit affects the health of the skin in many ways . In addition, it is key to keeping your eyes relaxed and free of bags and dark circles.
- Try to sleep for a period of 8 hours a day without interruptions.
- Make sure you sleep in a comfortable and adequate room to reduce the risk of sleep problems.
- If you are having difficulty sleeping, take a calming tea and practice relaxation techniques.
6. Apply cream around the eyes
Conventional face cream contains too many oils and compounds that can overload the delicate area around the eyes. Therefore, the ideal is to purchase an exclusive cream for the protection of this area .
- Choose an anti-wrinkle cream with retinol, elastin, and antioxidant compounds. Also, opt for the ones that are also firming.
- When applying it, do so with small taps with your fingertips, from the inside out.
7. Protect with grapeseed oil
It is said that grapeseed oil could be a good ally to protect the eye contour is grapeseed oil, since it contains fatty acids and antioxidant compounds that contribute to skin health.
- Take a few drops of grapeseed oil and apply it to the desired areas with a gentle massage.
- Let it absorb without rinsing and use it every night before going to sleep.
For specialized treatment, consult a dermatologist
With all the recommendations that we have given you, you will be able to take better care of the area around the eyes and prevent the appearance of premature wrinkles. However, if you want a more specialized treatment, we recommend that you consult a dermatologist, since the professional will be able to tell you what is most suitable for you from their professional point of view.