To keep your carpet clean and free from the impurities that cause allergies, frequent cleaning is required.
Waking up and having your feet in contact with that fluffy and warm texture is a wonderful feeling, especially if you live in cold places. Carpet is one of the favorite pieces of those who are looking for thermal comfort or just like to have that cozier feeling. And to maintain all its beauty and comfort, it’s important to ensure regular cleaning. But, calm down, we’ve organized a step-by-step way to make this cleaning simple, fast and without any mystery. Check it out!
What are the benefits of keeping your carpet clean?
Did you know that the accumulation of mold and mites can cause and aggravate respiratory illnesses? Those who have asthma, rhinitis and sinusitis and have carpets at home must always be cleaning to avoid allergic and respiratory crises. This is essential care, especially for those who have children and elderly people at home. Aside from the health issue, keeping your carpet clean helps to increase its durability and ensure flawless product aesthetics.
Know how often you should clean your carpet
To prevent the accumulation of mites and all types of dust on your carpet, a tip is to bet on periodic cleaning. It may seem like a lot of work, but with the help of a vacuum cleaner you can do it quickly. It is recommended that this more superficial carpet cleaning happens once a week or every 15 days. The time can vary depending on the size, color, style and even the room you are in and the circulation of people on your carpet. A deeper cleaning should be done every one or two years. Ideally, you hire a specialized company to do the job and make your carpet perfect.
Complete step-by-step carpet cleaning:
- Remove all objects and furniture from the top of your carpet;
- Pass the vacuum cleaner along the fibers slowly so as not to let any particles escape;
- To get rid of bad odor, you can use vinegar: dilute it with water in a proportion of 1 to 2. Put the mixture in the spray bottle and spread it all over the carpet;
- Let it dry naturally.
Cleaning to remove stains
Before starting, it is important to emphasize that the ideal is that this cleaning is done soon after the stain happens, with it still wet.
- Dissolve one tablespoon of neutral detergent and one tablespoon of white vinegar in 1 liter of warm water;
- Add some baking soda on top of the stain;
- Shake the mixture until it forms a foam and apply to the desired area using a circular motion;
- Wait a few minutes and remove the foam with a dry cloth;
- Dry the site with a clean tissue. You can use a hair dryer to speed up the drying process.
By doing the steps above consistently you can maintain the cleanliness and comfort quality of your carpets.