Are you feeling uninspired when it comes to your wardrobe? If getting dressed every single day feels like a chore, it may be time to replace your worn-out wardrobe. Having your closet full of clothes that make you feel confident and inspired is important. And that’s why we would love to help you figure out if it’s time for a new wardrobe or if your existing wardrobe may just need some sprucing up. Why is it important to have an updated wardrobe? Clothes play a large role in how we feel, and an outfit can make or break your confidence. Whether you head into the office every day or you put together loungewear that makes you feel good while you’re working around the house, your wardrobe should always reflect the way you want to feel. If you’re feeling drab about the clothes in your closet, don’t worry. We will cover some solutions that can help you get on track to creating your dream plus size clothing wardrobe and replacing the one you currently have.
Signs It’s Time to Replace Your Wardrobe
There are many signs that your wardrobe may be showing you that it’s time to swap out your old clothes for something new. Here are some of the biggest tells:
Clothing Is Worn and Torn
If you notice that your favorite sweater has a tear in it or is faded, it may be time to replace your clothes. While it’s not the end-all be-all for your favorite garment to have a tear in it, it could be a sign that you have gotten great use out of that piece and it’s time for something new. Also, if your favorite shirt has a stain that you can’t get out, it may be time to donate or recycle that shirt.
Clothing Doesn’t Fit Correctly
Our bodies are always changing, which means you could see the clothing sizes in your closet fluctuate as well. If your clothing is fitting tighter or looser than usual, it may be an indicator that you need to shop for plus size maxi dresses that hug your curves just right.
Your Clothes Don’t Reflect Your Current Style
In the fashion world, trends come and go, and your style will evolve over time. If you find that your current wardrobe isn’t exciting or inspiring to you anymore and it no longer reflects the style you want or have, it’s time for new clothing.
You Adopt a New Hobby or Lifestyle
Let’s say you started hitting the gym five days a week but, previously, you weren’t going to the gym regularly. In instances like this where you adopt a new lifestyle, you may have to alter your wardrobe or add new pieces to accommodate this change.
You Get a New Job
It’s always a good idea to start a new job with a fresh wardrobe. If you have staple pieces like blazers and pants that are still of great quality, then keep these in your wardrobe. But pieces like white button-down shirts and dresses might need to be replaced more often.
How to Replace Your Wardrobe Practically and Upkeep Timeless Pieces
If you just realized that you need to replace your wardrobe or quite a few pieces in your closet, you may be wondering how to approach it in a financially practical way. Here are some of our tips for ensuring that your wardrobe always stays fresh without breaking the bank:
- Take Inventory of Your Wardrobe Every Month – If you want to make sure your closet is always up to date with the latest trends and pieces that reflect your style, it’s wise to take inventory of your closet at the beginning of the month. By doing this, you can easily identify pieces that are worn and need to be replaced, as well as some areas where you could use more pieces.
- Invest in Quality Staples – To have a strong wardrobe that is versatile and timely, you need to invest in minimalist clothing that is classic and can be dressed up or down. It’s also a good idea to make sure these pieces are of good quality so they can withstand the usual wear and tear. Having high-quality staples will allow you to shop for and invest in new pieces more often since you have strong foundational pieces that will last years.
- Keep Statement Pieces to a Minimum – Everyone loves an ultra-trendy garment or something that’s more of a statement piece. However, these pieces are rarely classic items that will span multiple seasons. They may also not hold up because they aren’t always made of the highest quality. While we love the pieces that excite you the most, make sure you only invest in a few statement pieces.
- Invest In and Learn About Sewing – When you have a pair of pants that you love and wear a lot, there is bound to be some wear and tear. And just because there is a tiny rip or hole popping up in your favorite pants, it doesn’t mean you need to discard them. You can freshen up your wardrobe and favorite pieces with some easy-to-learn sewing hacks. No need to have a sewing machine; most of these quick fixes can be done by hand. You will appreciate being able to save your favorite garments and breathe more life into them.
- DIY Dye Your Clothes – If your clothing comes across as faded or worn, you can always refresh the color with clothing dye at home. This will give your pieces a new look.
How many pieces in your closet do you think are ready to be replaced or could use some TLC? Depending on the last time you went through your closet, it could be a lot or maybe just a few pieces. Either way, we believe you deserve to feel confident and comfortable in all of your clothes, which is why it’s important to take inventory and replace the garments that no longer fit or suit your lifestyle.