A brief about Zoe Saldana
- Zoe Saldana-Perego was born as Zoe Yadira Saldaña Nazario in 1978. She is professionally as Zoe Saldana or Zoë Saldana and is an American actress and dancer.
- Following her performances with the theater group Faces, Saldana made her screen debut in an episode of Law & Order in the year 1999. Her movie career debuted a year later with Center Stage in 2000 followed by a role in Crossroads in 2002.
- Saldana’s major breakthrough came in 2009 James Cameron’s Avatar in 2009. Saldana continued her career with movies such as Colombiana in 2011, Star Trek into Darkness in 2013, Out of the Furnace 2013, Star Trek Beyond 2016, and Live by Night 2016. Since 2014, she has portrayed the part of Gamora in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, beginning with ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’.
- In June 2010, Saldana got engaged to her longtime boyfriend Keith Britton, an actor and the CEO of My Fashion Database. They ended their relationship in 2011. In March 2013, Saldana started dating Italian artist Marco Perego.
- They secretly married in June 2013 in London. In July 2015, Saldana revealed that, in a reversal of tradition, Perego adopted her surname upon marriage. Therefore, Zoe became Zoe Saldana-Perego and Marco became Marco Perego-Saldana.
- Their children will be called Perego-Saldana. Saldana and Perego have three sons together, twins Bowie and Cy born in 2014 and Zen, born in 2017.
Also Read: Aja Naomi King Biography
According to wiki sources, The Pirate was born in Italy with parent Ezio Perego on 1st March 1979. The ex-soccer player, who is aged 38, has the strong physique and stands at an impressive height of 5 feet 11 inches. Marco, who belongs to white ethnicity, currently resides in New Jersey with his family.
He was born to a blue-collar family where his father was a waiter and mother was a homemaker.
Birthday: March 1, 1979
Age: 41 Years, 41 Year Old Males
Sun Sign: Pisces
Also Known As: Marco Perego-Saldana
Born In: Salò
Famous As: Zoe Saldana’s Husband
Spouse/Ex-: Zoe Saldana (M. 2013)
Father: Ezio Perego
Children: And Zen Perego-Saldana (Sons), Bowie Ezio Perego-Saldana, Cy Aridio Perego-Saldana
Marco Perego Career
Known For: Marco Perego-Saldana
Salary: Under Review
Net Worth: USD $3 Million approx
Family & Relatives
Father: Ezio Perego
Mother: Not Known
Brother(s): Not Known
Sister(s): Not Known
Marital Status: Married
Wife/Girlfriend: Zoe Saldana (m. 2013)
Son(s): Bowie Ezio Perego-Saldana, Zen Perego-Saldana, Cy Aridio Perego-Saldana
Daughter(s): Not Known
Marco Perego-Saldana is an Italian artist and former soccer player. He is married to American actress and dancer Zoe Saldana. The son of a waiter father and a stay-at-home mother, Perego came from a humble background. He was deeply interested in art as a child but his first love, soccer, became his primary concern. He subsequently played professional soccer until he was 21 years old before suffering a leg injury. He was forced to quit soccer and relocated to New York to pursue his dream of becoming an artist. He took up odd jobs, such as being a busboy, waiter, and soccer teacher, to support himself. His big break into the world of art came through a friendly connection, to who he made his first painting sale. In time, Perego has become an internationally renowned artist whose paintings have sold for about $30,000 a piece. He has painted the background for Dolce and Gabbana’s 2008 campaign ‘Where the Fashion Meets Art’.
Also Read: 20 MOST BEAUTIFUL BLACK WOMEN IN THE WORLD
Her husband Marco Perego
Actress Zoe Saldana and Italian artist Marco Perego like to keep their relationship as private as possible. They even married privately. Saladana’s first pregnancy was kept a secret tfor the initial three months. Here are some interesting facts about the Italian Artist:
* He’s an artist: Perego is an Italian painter and sculptor. Some of his earlier paintings had modernized fairy tales, particularly Snow White. He also made this incredible gum ball sculpture which gained world-wide recognition.
* He collaborates with fashion designers: Dolce & Gabana were some of his first buyers and he worked with the famous label to paint backgrounds for their 2008 “Where Fashion Meets Art” campaign.
* He’s an ex-soccer player: Venice’s professional soccer team recruited Perego when he was 17 years old, but he had to quit due to a leg injury when he was 21. He later moved to Brazil to recover and return to the game, before ultimately abandoned it altogether for New York.
* He’s a Cinderella story: He moved to New York and worked as a busboy in Spanish Harlem to support his art. In a 2007 interview with the New York Observer, Perego explained how he put together a living as a waiter, a busboy, and soccer teacher while he tried to make it as an artist.
* His nickname is “The Pirate”: Perego quite likes his nickname and in fact he even sports a pirate themed belt buckle on occasion. He is aware of his swarthy sea looks and his long bleached locks. He has also made a lot of money from his art works. In one of his earlier shows in 2007, he sold works between $15,000 and $30,000.
* He didn’t like hugging his wife while she filmed GOTG: Her eeky green body paint which she sported while she filmed Guardians of the Galaxy, pushed her husband away from her. She said in an interview, “I don’t think my husband was happy about getting hugged every evening and getting a lot of his clothing stained.”
* Son Zen: Just around Valentine’s Day in 2014, actress Zoe Saldana announced via instagram that she gave birth to her son with Marco Perego. Baby Zen is the couple’s third son. The couple likes to keep their relationship private and their children also keep themselves away from all media. Perego’s clientele includes includes Karolina Kurkova, Steffano Gabbana, and many many others.
* Their first meet: Zoe met Marco in 2014 right before she shot the film, Infinitely Polar Bear. Apparently the two fell in love quick. He proposed to her 2 months after dating and they got married months after that. And then weeks later she revealed she was pregnant. Zoe and Perego have three boys now and I suspect the family will continue growing.
* Marco Perego’s early years: The painter was born and raised in Lombardy Italy. The highly coveted magazine ‘The Observer’ did a piece on Perego. They detailed his come up from washing dishes in Spanish Harlem.
* Perego’s first art show: Marco had his first art show September 2007 at the Ingaro Gallery on East 64th street. It featured 10 paintings priced between $20,000 and $30,000, and 15 sculptures at $15,000. All but two sculptures were sold.
* Perego tried his hands at directing: Marco Perego directed the film, ‘Burn to Shine’ in 2015. ‘Burn to Shine’ was his first venture as a director.
* Producer: He even produced the film, ‘Me + Her’ in 2014. ‘Me + Her’ was written and directed by Joseph Oxford.
Marco Perego was born on March 1, 1979, in Salò, Italy in a blue-collar family. His father was a waiter while his mother was a homemaker. As a child Perego loved art but his main interest was soccer. He played the sport throughout his adolescence and at 17, was included in Venice’s professional soccer team. However, he suffered a leg injury when he was 21 years old that cut his soccer career short. Initially, he left Italy and moved to Brazil so he could recuperate and return to the game one day but he eventually gave up and relocated to New York City, wanting to be an artist.
In March 2013, Perego began dating American actress and dancer Zoe Saldana. Three months later, in June, they were married in a secret ceremony in London. Both of them are progressive and after marriage, they went against certain cultural norms. Marco became Marco Perego-Saldana and Zoe became Zoe Saldana-Perego. They have three sons together. Twins Bowie Ezio Perego-Saldana and Cy Aridio Perego-Saldana were born on November 27, 2014, while their younger brother, Zen Perego-Saldana, was born in February 2017. Marco and Zoe are raising their children to be bilingual as they want them to be fluent in both Spanish and English.
In the fall of 2002, Marco Perego abandoned all soccer aspirations and moved to New York City in the hope of becoming an artist. He supported himself in the initial months by doing odd jobs. He was a busboy, a waiter, and even a soccer teacher and lived at Spanish Harlem and later at 104th Street.
He sold his first painting to Gilda Moratti, who hails from the famous Moratti family of New York. The sister of a friend, she visited him one day to see his art. He asked her for her honest opinion and even told her that if she did not like his work he was going to try something else as a profession. In the end, she did buy one of his paintings. In the subsequent years, he gradually built up his career. His paintings began to sell for $15,000 to $30,000 per piece after he became successful.
According to art-critic and writer Glenn O’Brien, Perego’s work is in the ancient Mediterranean tradition. He remains loyal to his old Hellenistic roots. In 2007, he was featured on the cover of ‘The Guardian’ with his sculpture ‘The Only Good Rockstar Is a Dead Rockstar’, which seems to have foreshadowed the death of British singer-songwriter Amy Winehouse.
In 2012, Perego exhibited his art at the Royal Academy of Arts in London, at the Museo Tuscolano in Rome, at Art Basel Miami among other notable art fairs, and at Zurich’s Galerie Gmurzynska. Three years later, he released ‘Burn to Shine’, a 25-minute short film comprised of over 2,500 drawings.
Net worth of the Italian artist
Perego is quite active on his Facebook page. He has more than 31,000 followers on his Facebook account.